22 September 2008

Windsor, Bath and Stonehenge

(click here for more pictures)

Yesterday 6 of us went on a day trip to Windsor, Bath, and Stonehenge. It was one of those really touristy buses full of old women but it was the cheapest way to see a lot of things. It was really fun but a really long day!

Windsor - this is the castle outside of London that the queen goes to every weekend they said.







Bath - Bath was very pretty. I had just finished reading a Jane Austen novel for one of my classes and it had been set in Bath so it was cool to go here. We mainly only saw the Roman Baths and left, but we drove around a little bit in the town too.




Stonehenge - It was so cool to be standing in front of Stonehenge! I never really thought I'd ever go there but have always heard about it of course so it was really cool to be at such a famous place. Apparently it's the only area in Great Britain that gets crop circles. And there are many various plants/mosses growing on the stones that shouldn't be growing there and they don't know how they got there.




(click here for more pictures)

5 comments:

xacan said...

very nice blog and photos. happy blogging:)

Anonymous said...

Yawn.

Jene said...

Loved the pictures. Resented the statement about "old ladies".

Anonymous said...

I love your pictures. Stonehenge was on the front page of MSNBC NEWS today! Apparently there are some new discoveries diggers found there. Pretty neat stuff. So cool you went there.


-Tommy

Betty said...

Hey, Michaela...I am just now catching up on your blog...and loving it! What a great diary an photo journal of your time in London! So...did that big, tall soldier with the funny hat speak to you??? Loved your "Lion climb"...can't wait to make a huge poster of one of those shots one day for some special occasion! I agree with Grandma Jene about the "old ladies"! We miss you in the neighborhood!

Love,
Betty