08 September 2008

Bus Tour etc.

Yesterday IES took us all on a bus tour of London and then we ended at the British Museum for an hour long highlights tour. The bus tour was good, finally we got to see some of London. I made a list of the places I wanted to come back to on my own. Pictures can be found here. I'll put some of the good ones up on this too. Some highlights include the building used for Gringot's Bank in Harry Potter movies, the Clock Tower, Buckingham Palace and the Parliment Buildings (which were my favorite). Also the bridge in Harry Potter that the triple-decker bus goes over? I didn't remember that part but the people behind me were going crazy.

I had my first of three interviews today. It's funny because they don't do internships in London (or Europe I guess.) At our internship orientation we were told that because internships aren't common at all, that whenever someone here hears the word "intern" they immediately think of Monica Lewinski. My interview today was at a small interior design company by Chelsea Harbour, which is a big spot for interior design apparently. Two more tomorrow and my first class it tomorrow as well. I'm excited to finally get started.

In the first picture, the white building on the left is where my classes will be held. It's really close to the British Museum.


No comments: