I bought some of you presents there. (The rest of you will have to wait.) There were some really cool stalls - antique jewelry, scarves and blankets, old signs etc. Some of the more interesting things I bought include a bangle bracelet that the woman told me was made of a cow's horn (it looks like it could be, but I still have my doubts... it's really cool looking though whatever it is.) An antique necklace which was a bit of a splurge, but it's soo pretty and looks really old (she says it's from the early 20th century and it looks really old so I believe her.) I even haggled a little bit
12 September 2008
Portobello Market
Today I had a free day b/c my internship won't start until Monday so I decided to go to Portobello Market. They say the best day to go is Saturday, but I went today which is Friday. I bet it's really crowded on Saturday and I would like to go sometime.
I bought some of you presents there. (The rest of you will have to wait.) There were some really cool stalls - antique jewelry, scarves and blankets, old signs etc. Some of the more interesting things I bought include a bangle bracelet that the woman told me was made of a cow's horn (it looks like it could be, but I still have my doubts... it's really cool looking though whatever it is.) An antique necklace which was a bit of a splurge, but it's soo pretty and looks really old (she says it's from the early 20th century and it looks really old so I believe her.) I even haggled a little bit
which was fun. There's also a bunch of clothes/fashion stalls which were fun. I bought a black shirt/dress thing that's really cute. I also bought a mousepad with a map of the London Tube stops on it partly b/c my mouse wasn't really working on just the desk and partly b/c I think it'll be handy when I'm trying to plan where to go and how to get there!
I bought some of you presents there. (The rest of you will have to wait.) There were some really cool stalls - antique jewelry, scarves and blankets, old signs etc. Some of the more interesting things I bought include a bangle bracelet that the woman told me was made of a cow's horn (it looks like it could be, but I still have my doubts... it's really cool looking though whatever it is.) An antique necklace which was a bit of a splurge, but it's soo pretty and looks really old (she says it's from the early 20th century and it looks really old so I believe her.) I even haggled a little bit
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That picture (with the guy on the corner) reminds me of Dingle. Well, I mean if Dingle was big and had traffic lights. : )
Post a Comment