Click here for pictures!
This past weekend Kalen and I went to the Lake District. We stayed in a bed and breakfast in Windermere near Lake Windermere, which is Britian’s largest lake. It’s a whole ten miles long and a whole mile wide at it’s largest part. (not quite a Lake Michigan...) The lake and hills were very pretty. The town is pretty touristy - it's full of wine stores, lingerie stores, and chocolate stores. (?) I discovered my new favorite thing about the UK - BANOFFI. It's a combination of banana and toffee I think. Whatever it is it's great. It comes in many forms - truffle, or you can buy a jar of it. Ok so two forms but it's sooo good. It's so good that they should give you some right when you get off the plane. Why hasn't anyone told me about this yet?
Saturday morning Kalen and I went horseback riding about 10 miles outside Windermere. My horse wouldn’t really do what I told it to do - it wouldn't speed up when I kicked it and it kept throwing its head forward ripping the reins out of my hands. All it really wanted to do was eat grass. It also stopped for a big horse pee too.
After horse riding... we went into the town of Bowness to see the lake! It was so pretty! We decided it would be a good idea to rent a rowboat for an hour. On the way out we got caught a little bit between the dock and a parked boat, but then we were on our way! It was beautiful weather and for the first half of our hour, the waves were gentle and rowing was easy. We passed a really pretty island that had these really unique white trees. We were like, "oh wow! look at how pretty those trees are! They're all white!" Then we saw a bunch of birds. "Look at all those birds! There's so many! And they're sitting on the white trees..." Then we put it all together and were thoroughly disgusted.
We switched seats and it was my turn to row. The wind kind of picked up and we got sucked over to the side near the land. The waves also got really strong in the wrong direction. Even though we tried rowing as hard as we could back to the dock, we still went the other direction (even faster than we had been going when we were trying to go to that direction!) The weather really does change very quickly. I had thought about bringing my painting stuff but was glad I didn't bc it would be a painter's nightmere bc the light changes literally every 30 seconds! Anyway we made it and my back still hurts. haha. but it was fun and i got a lot of good pictures!
We ate at a really good restaurant that night. Then we came back and watched a hugh grant movie (to get us in the stalking mood for when we come back to London... we still haven't walked over to his house yet!!!) Then went out for a beer. I think both of our favorite parts of the trip was actually the bed. We have the most horrible beds in our dorm - the springs stick up and the pillows suck, but this bed was amazing!
The next day we went out on a bigger boat tour. It was also really pretty. Other than that, nothing too exciting is going to happen this week until Friday when I go to Belgium with my history class!
6 comments:
The pictures are beautiful! Too funny about the boat.
"It’s a whole ten miles long and a whole mile wide at it’s largest part."
it's = it is
"a whole mile wide at it is largest part"
is that really what you intended to say?
fun stuff nice rowing
hahahah that mike sarti guy is so funny. he's cool, i like him.
that other mike guy who said rowing is nice isn't so good.
Mike Sarti makes me laugh. He should make a movie. ; )
The Windermere blog is awesome. I love the part about the white trees. Can't wait to see the Belgium pictures! BRING ME HOME SOME OF THAT BANANA AND TOFFEE!!!!
-tommy
Post a Comment