11 September 2008

Maguerite at the Theatre Royal Haymarket

Tonight we went to our first threatre performance for the theatre class. It was a musical and I didn't like it very much. I don't like musicals to begin with, but this one was very shallow and had nothing substantial to say about anything. I didn't even like the characters and was kind of happy when one of them died, because then at least she stopped singing.

This, thankfully was our only musical we will see (at least I hope that's what I heard.) The theatre itself was very pretty and the set was very good too. I did like the instrumental music.

I don't start my internship until Monday so I have tomorrow free! I'm not sure what I'm going to do - I'll have to look through my guide book tonight.

I better get reading though - I have to read about a novel a week for just one of my classes (plus a bunch more for my other classes.) This week it's Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen. It's not too long so that's good. Goodnight!

1 comment:

Jene said...

Hi Michaela,
Your Mom and I (and Nanny) are in Keokuk.(It hardly compares to London!) Anyway I am unable (too dumb) to send a comment to you so Julie is helping me. Love you, GJ