Today was my first day at my internship. I have a very small cold (i keep telling myself that so i won't think I'm actually sick and it won't get worse) but it was still a good day. Today all I did was read articles and look at their website and their competitors' websites to get oriented with the industry and their company. Also, I watched the BBC all day which was on in the background. The stock market here opened a good 6 hours before the US did and the british were shitting themselves all morning in anticipation of ours opening. You'd think the world was ending. They were calling it Black Monday. Then once NY opened and it didn't drop as much as they had predicted. I mean I guess it's still pretty bad but it was interesting to see coverage of it in another country.
Another fun thing to watch is Sarah Palin. She was giving a speech in Colorado and people were cheering whenever she mentioned hockey and my coworkers were like, "Who ARE those people in the crowd !!??" I didn't know where to start. I just know my favorite speech of hers so far was her first speech where she mentioned that she used to be nothing but a hockey mom (and everyone cheered loudly) and then she mentioned that she has 5 (or however many) kids and everyone cheered twice as loud and twice as long. If McCain dies and she is our first female president I'm going to bang my head against a wall.
15 September 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
worst blog ever. doesn't mention film stuff at all.
Post a Comment