On another note, I think I'm getting way too used to the grey/rainy weather here. Granted, it's been pretty nice, I do have to admit. Last weekend was gorgeous - not cold at all, no rain etc. It hasn't been too rainy/dreary my whole time here even though it is supposed to be this time of year. However, it is still very grey. It's constantly cloudy, and when I say cloudy I don't mean puffy white marshmallow clouds in the sky, I mean one giant grey cloud-mass looming over the entire island constantly.
I just realized yesterday that I haven't actually seen the sun in a while, and even weirder I haven't really missed it. On the contrary, sunlight just pisses me off. In fact, yesterday when the sun actually did come out for a little bit and I had to squint my eyes to read the street signs and to see anything, it was extremely annoying. I was genuinely angry.
So there you go. I have adapted to Britian's constant gloom. When the sun does come out, I wander about and shield my eyes, hissing at the sun like a vampire.
4 comments:
Michaela, I'm worried about you----liking gloomy weather, excited over public transportation and the history of the Tube!! I do love your pictures however and your funny blogs. Keep 'em coming.
Do you have sunglasses? Of course you wouldn't need them very often and probably wouldn't remember where they were if you did. So about Shakespeare, I've heard that the person buried there did not write everything or anything attribtued to Shakespeare.
I am distressed by the lack of Diwali pix on this blog. and dont give me that mid-term, schmid-term baloney. ; )
So...are you going to be a blonde Kate Bush as Catherine on Halloween...or will you color your hair??? I can just see you...! Her eyes are amazing!
Love the pics of Stratford Upon Avon...thought the Subway looked a bit weird there. Also love you and the donkey...or was that a jackass? Cute!
Love,
Betty
Post a Comment