08 October 2008

The British Library

Just a small midweek post: I went to the V&A again last Sunday. This time I saw the jewelry section and musical instrument section. Both were very neat.

Today my lit class went on a field trip to the British Library. There is an exhibit of a bunch of famous writings/books. Things I saw were: the hand written original Jane Eyre, Jane Austen's writing desk and glasses, something written by Oscar Wilde, first edition Shakespeare, lyrics written down by the Beatles (on things like the back of a birthday card for a kid, crayon on paper etc.) music written by Mozart, Beethoven and others. It was very cool and interesting!

Today I bought three "go by yoursef" walking tour guide books and I'm very excited. One is "The Beatles in London Walk." I also got one about Shakespeare and "A Walk Around Haunted London." Probably will do the Beatles one tomorrow!

8 comments:

Julie said...

"something" by Oscar Wilde?? what was it!!!! And would it have fit in your purse? : )

Anonymous said...

The Beatles walk is such a cool idea. If I was the author of that book, it would be called "The Beatles Moonwalk." It would essentially be the same but the person would have to moonwalk to all of the places.

I should patent that shit.


-Thomas S.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Michaela Douglas said...

was that mike sarti?

Julie said...

it wasn't me!!!

Julie said...

it wasn't me!!!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Betty said...

Hello, Michaela!

Sorry I haven't "commented" lately...life's been way too busy! I still LOVE your London Blog and feel like I'm right there with you, enjoying your adventures. Please don't change a thing! Loved your account of your trip to Belgium. You're learning some somber history lessons. Oh...that chocolate and Belgium beer sounded good! Hope you didn't get sea sick on the way back, Yuk! Cool trip to the British Library! Looking forward to more of your adventures!

Love you,
Betty