21 October 2008

"If you're Indian and you love to party, Have a happy happy happy happy Diwali"

http://niralimagazine.com/mp3/Diwali_Song.mp3

I went to Diwali in Trafalgar Square as a study break from midterms! It was crowded. As crowded as real India. There was a stage with Indian dancers, and Indian food stands, music etc. The music and dancing were really really cool. Again it was ridiculously crowded. Trafalgar square is the same place as the notorious lion-climbing incident. I'll post some pictures of Diwali! I tried to get a samosa while I was there but I literally couldn't find the end of the line so I gave up and got one at a snack counter in my tube stop (which needless to say was not as good as the one I would have gotten at Diwali...)

Tonight after my last midterm (yay!) I went to a film at the London Film Festival. It was good. I wish I could have stayed for the Q&A after but I needed to come home and start packing for Barcelona!

Tomorrow morning I leave for Barcelona! Only a mile walk to the tube, a tube ride, a 1.5 hour bus ride, a plane, and another 1.5 bus ride, and a whatever-they-call-the-subway-in-barcelona ride until I get there. I'm excited though! I'm meeting Elizabeth there and it's going to be so funn!!!!!





3 comments:

Julie said...

Tonight, one of our most ethnic co-workers, Kelly, has invited us all to a Diwali celebration put on by her community. "What is Diwali?" you may ask. Well, to have Kelly explain it, "It's, blah blah blah blah. It's so super, fun, and it's gonna be great!"

Anonymous said...

this is your best blog entry yet!!!! hahahahahh i love this!!!!!!!


"we are so alike...we are so alike" (Michael trying to hit on Pam...my favorite part of that episode)

Anonymous said...

I pride myself on being able to make a Seinfeld/The Office/Monty Python random reference to any situation....