Barcelona has some really pretty parts, but overall I thought it was a really dirty city. I was excited to go b/c the weather is supposed to be amazing. When my plane landed, it was colder than it was in London! and rainy. But the next few days really cleared up and it was warm enough to swim (wish we had brought our swimming suits!)
The first day I walked around the gothic quarter and went into a really pretty cathedral. Inside there were trees and ducks - it was so weird! I also went to the Picasso Museum which was pretty cool but not nearly as good as the Picasso Museum in Paris. Elizabeth met me that night.
The next day we went to Park Guell which was a park built by Gaudi. It's the one with the big mosaic bench that's pretty famous I think. It was a really cool park - lots of stone... things. I don't know how to describe them. Walkways? Pillars? It was cool. And lots of mosaics. After that we went to Sagrada Familia which is a giant church designed by Gaudi and was started in 1882 and is still being constructed today. No government money funds the building of Sagrada Familia. It's only being built by donations and money from tickets. That night we went out to eate at a place called Origens. It was verrryyy good food! (and sangria!) We went out to bars/and a sketchy club that night. fun!
The next day we went to La Ramblas, saw the street performers and the market. Then we walked down to the harbour and then to the beach. We went to the Museum of Contemporary Art which was really cool. The building is all white even all of the inside. That night we went out to eat at a falaffel place and met two girls who were studying abroad in Paris. They were from the US and Canada. We went out with them for the night. bars and clubs etc. Also fun!
The next day we walked around the gothic quarter one more time and then back to London! I kind of missed London! People don't walk into on the streets, the streets are so clean you could lick them, and people don't stare. France, Spain, Italy etc. they stare at each other on the streets shamelessly. And they yell at ANY female that walks by. Once a 60 year old was blowing his nose ONTO the street and then I walked by and he was like "HOLA BONITA.. blah blah spanish" and I really wish I spoke Spanish so I could have been like, "Really? has that EVER worked for you? You were just blowing your nose ONTO the street." Back to London where people just awkwardly walk past each other in silence. <3 onblur="try {parent.deselectBloggerImageGracefully();} catch(e) {}" href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiJGakAHZXXxRRKAvvGXtJ7duIb6KwlDJoqUjUkaD6FHmUXFb3FIU9ab9acAZKcPgkbpbBztbgvt73TXHq0ElNj1zLROu05jZZ4d0D4J-UD86pTD36X820meWaO8ntjQgWHbfNzIjuWzA/s1600-h/IMG_1023.JPG">
3 comments:
Have the Spainards not discovered Kleenex yet? Great pix. The buildings look like they are growing out of the ground! Love all the palm trees. You and Elizabeth look so cute and very European! love you! xxxoooo your blog makes me laugh.
I was impressed that you went to a CATHEDRAL:-) Your pictures were great. I still would love to visit Spain--even tho' you said it wasn't very clean. Your description of the man blowing his nose made me sick! I'll bet you girls had a great time.Lucky.
Awesome blog entry! Loved it! Especially the title..very creative and so true! Believe it or not, Kevin did that thing with his nose the other day too. Disgusting habit. Keep the blogs rolling!!
Post a Comment