If I get any more English I'm going to start peeing tea. All packed into my last two/three days is Fish and chips, full English breakfast and Afternoon tea!
Last night (after our LAST EXAM!!!) we went out for FISH AND CHIPS. I don't even like fish but I was obsessed with this place. It's called Golden Hind (W1U 2PN) (not to be confused with the Golden Hinde which is a ship that is also a museum.) Delicious. I got cod, chips and mushy peas. For those of you who don't know what W1U 2PN meant in all that, it's the postcode. Whoever thought of the postcode system in London is a genius. W means west, I live at SW3 6NA. The SW means South West. If you type that into the transport for london website it tells you exactly how to get anywhere - no mistakes about same named streets etc. If you tell a cab driver, they know exactly where to go. Apparently it's pretty hard training to be a London cab driver.
So anyway, last night we went out for fish and chips (yum again). This morning we went out for a full English breakfast (sausage, hashbrowns, beans, bacon, toast, fried egg, tea... sometimes they have chips too which is fantastic.) Then I went to the National English Ballet to see Sleeping Beauty. One of my professors works there and got us tickets! It was so good!
Then I went to an Annie Leibovich exhibition at the National Portrait Gallery. It was awesome. Then I walked around Trafalagar square once more, said goodbye to the lions, saw the Christmas tree from Norway (a thank you for being in WWI I believe). Then I walked to Parliament, Big Ben, walked across Westminster Bridge one last time, went to a Christmas Market, then came home and walked down Kings Road instead of taking the bus. Now I'm home and finishing up my packing!
Tomorrow IES is hosting a Farewall Afternoon Tea at a fancy hotel. I can't believe tomorrow is my last day in LONDON!
11 December 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Last nite I dreamed you came home with a super thick British accent and we couldn't understand you anymore. I told you I thought you were faking it and you called me something like a twit or something like that.
Post a Comment